Health and Happiness.
Did you know your health and level of happiness impacts your overall emotional wellbeing? Cancer can leave long-lasting effects on your physical health as well as your mental, emotional and spiritual health. Here we offer gratitude and mindfulness tips to assist you in making the most out of every day! These tips were shared by Debbie Lyn Toomey, founder of Health & Happiness Specialist and an anesthesia clinic nurse here at Tufts Medical Center, who noticed individuals who were prepared for surgery and practiced mindfulness (a purposeful self-reflection in a non-judgmental way) showed signs of healing faster.
Do you focus on bad things and are ready for a change?
Try the What went well? exercise:
- The next time you are frustrated or upset by an interaction, ask yourself, What went well? This technique will train your brain to look for the good in people and situations. Seeking to highlight the positive rather than the negative will improve your general outlook.
Do feelings of not having enough get you down? If you answered yes, try the Feel rich now tip.
To feel abundant:
- Notice your feelings and challenge them
- Look above and around you. If you’re looking at
- Nature: realize the miraculous order of life
- Material object: remember and appreciate how you got it
- Yourself: recognize how far you have come
Need a quick confidence boost?
- First, recognize your fear
- Notice your posture
- Take a deep breathe
- Stand up straight
- Raise your arms
- Then, imagine yourself a winner
Leave a Reply